Posted by missjunebug on November 9, 2009
missjunebug, Mr.JB, and TinyJB had the pleasure of attending a wedding this past weekend and it got missjunebug thinking about all things wedding-y. Here are some of her philosophical musings:
1. Â Weddings are a hell of a lot more fun than funerals.
3. The 3-part wedding weekend for out-of-town family and friends rocks! Rehearsal dinner Friday night, Wedding & Reception/Dinner/Dance Saturday, Good-bye Brunch Sunday morning provides enough celebrate and catch-up opportunity for everybody! It’s like a family reunion wrapped in a party inside a wedding ceremony!
4. Nothing beats little kids as part of the walk down the aisle: junior groomsmen, bell-ringers, ring-bearers, flower girls! missjunebug appreciates how hard it must be to wrangle these kidlets, but the results on wedding day are so worth the parental migraines during the rehearsals. Of course, missjunebug speaks blithely about this because these kidlets and migraines belong to someone else!!!
5. missjunebug firmly believes that the bride and groom can’t go wrong providing a spiritual context for the wedding ceremony. A little prayer and solemnity go a long way toward reflecting the true gravitas of the commitment. No doubt God appreciates this too!
6. That old saying All brides are beautiful is certainly true, but missjunebug will be the first to point out a lÃ Â George Orwell, All brides are beautiful but some brides are more beautiful than others. Take missjunebug’s niece for example. She owns the more beautiful category outright and missjunebug has the pictures to prove it.
7. The dance floor is an equal-opportunity space for making fools of even the most reserved wedding guests. From the chicken dance to the YMCA refrain, even a tux or a formal gown is no guarantee the wearer won’t look at least a little foolish.
8. missjunebug will wrap up as pithily as she began with her final musing:
Nothing beats an open bar!
Comments2 Responses to “With This Ring”
Leave a comment, and if you'd like your own picture to show up next to your comments, go get a gravatar!